- Analyze nearly finished and finished product samples daily for quality, durability, safety and known product specifications.
- Evaluate the materials routinely used during production by running quality tests.
- Seek answers and information regarding customer or in-house problems with product quality.
- Document quality assurance practices.
- Issue corrective action procedures.
- Work within quality systems applications.
- Ensure that the product meets all guidelines related to federal, state, and local regulations.
- Communicate with management and other team members when problems arise.
- Offer possible solutions to help correct any mistakes during manufacturing.
- Assess quality assurance strategies periodically to determine best practices and improvements.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years in quality experience.
- Experience working with a CMM machine.
- Supervisory experience leading a team.
- Must be able to accurately read detail part and assembly blueprints.
- Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with management and co-workers; listen to others without interrupting and get clarification when needed.
- Ability to safely and properly use gauges, calipers, and other tools and equipment.
- Ability to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
- Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; coming to work as scheduled on time; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadline.
KGD Aerospace Manufacturing is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status. KGD conducts criminal background checks and other background screening as appropriate to the position.