Gun Drill Operator
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (speed, etc.)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical strength and stamina; must be able to stand for consecutive hours at a time.
- Willing to get dirty with oil and grease.
- Must be able to accurately read detail part and assembly blueprints.
- Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with management and co-workers; listen to others without interrupting and get clarification when needed.
- Ability to safely and properly use gauges, calipers, and other tools and equipment.
- Ability to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
- Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; coming to work as scheduled on time; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
About Kansas Gun Drilling Manufacturing:
KGD Aerospace Manufacturing is a growing company that was established in 1985. We utilize manufacturing techniques to offer engineering, machining, and subassembly solutions to customers throughout the world. We are known for our commitment to high-quality work, on-time delivery and long-lasting customer relationships. We are always seeking employees who have the skills and desire to support that commitment.
A competitive health package with dental and vision paid 100% by the company. We offer a retirement plan with a company match as well as standard life insurance and short-term disability. Starting pay is based on experience.
KGD Aerospace Manufacturing is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status. KGD conducts criminal background checks and other background screening as appropriate to the position.