CNC Machinist Assistant
- Sets up tooling as instructed.
- Sets up materials according to customer specifications.
- Resolves missing material issues in an expedient manner.
- Ensures that the setup packet, program, prints, charts, and fixtures and cutters are up to date and available.
- Makes sure shop is clean and clear of foreign object debris (FOD).
- Manually utilizing machines.
- Straightening parts.
- Assisting on CNC Machines when needed.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; coming to work as scheduled on time; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
- Physical strength and stamina; must be able to stand for consecutive hours at a time.
- Must be able to learn how to accurately read detail part and assembly blueprints.
- Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with management and co-workers; listen to others without interrupting and get clarification when needed.
- Ability to learn how to safely and properly use gauges, calipers, and other tools and equipment.
- Ability to learn how to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
KGD Aerospace Manufacturing is a growing company that was established in 1985. We utilize manufacturing techniques to offer engineering, machining, and subassembly solutions to customers throughout the world. We are known for our commitment to high-quality work, on-time delivery, and long-lasting customer relationships. We are always seeking employees who have the skills and desire to support that commitment.
Benefits include: a competitive health package with dental and vision paid 100% by the company. We offer a retirement plan with a company match as well as standard life insurance and short-term disability. Starting pay is based on experience.